What you need to know banner

licensure requirements iconLICENSURE REQUIREMENTS

Northwest Territories Health and Social Services

Licensing Process in the Northwest Territories

The Northwest Territories does not evaluate international pharmacy graduates for licensure at this time. To obtain a licence to practise in this territory, you must first be licensed by another provincial regulatory authority (PRA).

1. Application for Registration

    • If you are licensed to practice pharmacy in another Canadian province and wish to apply for a licence to practise in the Northwest Territories, you must submit the following:
      • A completed application form (available from the Department of Health and Social Services, Government of the Northwest Territories);
      • A current detailed résumé, including details on location and dates of work history;
      • Three professional references (must be on forms supplied by Department of Health and Social Services). These must be mailed directly to the registrar from the individuals.

2. Licence Registration

    • Submit application for pharmacist registration and licence fee ($250).

After successful completion of all of these requirements, you will be granted a licence to practice pharmacy in the Northwest Territories.

Notes: All costs are presented in Canadian dollars and do not include taxes. Fees are subject to change.